The group develops image processing methods for the optical inspection field. It works in close cooperation with the IAI work groups, i.e. “System integration – Modeling and simulation” and “System integration – System-, process-, and equipment development” and mainly focuses on specific problems in the inspection of structures in the micrometer range. Its main research areas are:
- image registration,
- generation of mosaics from extensive image series,
- image reconstruction from focus and lighting series,
- feature-based autofocus for confocal microscopy,
- and surface reconstruction from deflectometric images.
In addition to software implementation, we also develop specific application hardware that is necessary for the inspection – with the main focus being on optics and lighting.
- Imaging of the corneal sub-basal nerve plexus
- System integration for printed materials and systems
- System integration for areal optical subsystem
- System integration for nanophotonic systems
mosaik image of the corneal sub-basal nerve plexus
assessment of planarity of foils with deflectometry