System Integration - Inspection and Digital Image Processing (SI-IIP)
- Project Group:
The group “System Integration - Inspection and Digital Image Processing (SI-IIP)” develops image processing methods for the optical inspection field. It works in close cooperation with the IAI work group “System Integration - Systems, Processes, Equipment (SI-SPE)” and mainly focuses on specific problems in the inspection of structures in the micrometer range. In third party-funded projects, the group also works on innovative techniques for medical applications, particularly for image-based diagnostics in an ophthalmological context.
The main research areas are:
- image registration,
- generation of mosaics from extensive image series,
- image reconstruction from focus and lighting series,
- feature-based autofocus for confocal microscopy,
- and surface reconstruction from deflectometric images.
In addition to software implementation, we also develop specific application hardware that is necessary for the inspection – with the main focus being on optics and lighting.
- Imaging of the corneal sub-basal nerve plexus
- System integration for printed materials and systems
- System integration for areal optical subsystem
- System integration for nanophotonic systems
|Dr.-Ing. Stephan Allgeier||stephan allgeier∂ kit edu|
|3 additional persons visible within KIT only.|