Semantic Data Models (SDM)
- Project Group:
The “Semantic data models” work group focuses on the development and enhancement of standardized, spatial, semantic data models. The group also develops tools for the semantic and geometric inspection of instance documents and implements the data models in the energy sector.
The core competencies include:
- data modeling using EXPRESS and Unified Modeling Language (UML), including schema validation and deduction,
- computational geometry,
- visualization of spatial data (2D and 3D),
- semantic and geometric inspection of spatial data,
- and modeling using CAD and GIS.
The group works together with different KIT institutes, national and international research and industry partners, as well as several municipalities.
- Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC),
- buildingSMART International (bSI),
- Infrastructure for Spatial Information in the European Community (INSPIRE Fachnetzwerk Bodennutzung),
- Geodateninfrastruktur Deutschland (GDI-DE).(Special Interest Group 3D)
- ProSTEP iViP Verein (ProSTEP/iViP)
|Andreas Geiger||+49 721 608-25789||andreas geiger∂ kit edu|
|MSc. Geomatics Alexandru Nichersu||+49 721 608-23664||alexandru nichersu∂ kit edu|
|3 additional persons visible within KIT only.|